Non filing of GST RETURN

Hello Sir,
I have registered under GST in the month of August 2017 I was continuously filing my GST returns up to December but suddenly when I was filing my GST return for the month of January it shows an error which state that I have not filed my previous months returns therefore I will not be able to file my January GST return.

I was made an email and application for this error to GST portal in the month of February but no response was given by GST department on my email.

after a lot of efforts in the month of August the application was encouraged by GST department and he resolve the error now I am able to file my GST return for the month of January and so on but because of gap in filing of my GST returns there is a huge amount of penalty.

the error was committed because of GST portal not on my behalf so can I get relief in respect of penalty imposed by GST department if so please advise me how to move further.
thank you
Replies (2)
Its not penalty but it is late fee.
Late fee cannot be avoided.
It may be not your mistake but may be gst portal problems. So, no late fee relief will be available.
Approach jurisdiction office. Refund of such amount totally depends upon thr discretion

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details