No CPT - Graduates and cwa and CS inter students - Proposal

sudhakar ca cwa (service) (1518 Points)

29 June 2011  

Prsident Msg

It is only a proposal

Entry Requirement for CA Course:
Our members must be aware that, pursuant to a Council decision, a group under the convenership of my Central Council colleague CA. Abhijit Bandyopadhyay was constituted to review entry requirements for Chartered Accountancy course. I am happy to inform you that the Group placed its recommendations at the Council meeting recently for its consideration. The ICAI Council has decided that Commerce and non- Commerce graduates with 55 and 60 per cent marks respectively in aggregate should be exempted from Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and such students would be allowed direct entry to articleship training. It was also decided that candidates who have passed the intermediate level examination of ICWAI/ICSI are exempted from CPT and they will be allowed to join articleship training only after passing first group (Group I) of IPCC examination. Students who wish to pursue Accounting Technician Course of the Institute would also be exempted to appear in the CPT. The matter has been placed before the government for consideration and issuance of necessary notification in this regard.

Source : ICAI Web site- President Msg