Need help on filing itr1 with superannuation

Dear Experts,

I was employed at a firm for part of last FY. I have salary income of 2.5L and received superannuation of 1L when quitting. TDS was deducted on both. Now while filing returns, should give taxable income as 3.5L (including pre-tax superannuation amt)?

Also, I have 80C deductions (LIC premium). Will that benefit apply to overall tax or only salary tax? Can I claim refund on superannuation TDS also?

Please help me.

Best regards, Vikas.

Replies (2)

80C deduction will be apply for total income and hence, will give benefit on overall tax.
You can claim refund on any TDS, if there exists refund

Originally posted by : Yogesh Bhandari

80C deduction will be apply for total income and hence, will give benefit on overall tax.
You can claim refund on any TDS, if there exists refund

Thanks for quick reply Mr.Bhandari.

So I shall go ahead with below calculation then:

Total Income = Salary + Superannuation Fund = 2.5L + 1L = 3.5L

Total Tax Deducted = Deducted from both salary and SA = 3.5k + 9k = 12.5k

And 80C deductions will be applied on top of this... which means that if I have enough 80C investment then I can claim refund of full 12.5k then?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details