Need guidance for career development

Ravishankar K (Accountant) (461 Points)

26 October 2011  

Dear Friends,

Wish you and your family a very happy diwali. This Diwali I want to make certain changes to my career and develop it further. I am a B Com 2004 passed out and working since 2005 have around 6 years of experience in administration and now one year in Hardcore Accounts. I am presently working at Accounts Assistant in one society in Chennai, under Govt of India and drawing salary of around 20K. My age is 27 years now. Earlier in 2007-08 I enrolled for ICWA but because of job and no coaching i could not complete it to be frank i did not pass a single paper, i just went and gave exams, but did not study. Now i repent for that, anyways past is past and we should look to future. Now to develop a good career in Accounts and to get a high paying job, I am planning to do ICWA with JOB. So need your guidance.

Office timing are mon to friday (sometime saturday also) 09:00 to )5.30 and extra work also are there so weekdays literally im all juiced out and reach home just to have dinner and sleep, so i know have to take out some time for studies and have target to clear all exams in first attempt itself, i know i have to work a lot. I am comfortable with theory but about problems i might need guidance. So are there any part time classes for working professionals. Also need your esteemed advice as to should i do ICWA or some other professional course which will add value to my resume. And also heard about apprenticeship / internship in ICWA, how do i manage that with job.

Any working professional from Chennai looking planning to do ICWA?

Please advice hope this diwali brings new light in my life