Need Critical Advice - Problem With CA Firm

I have already served 11 months of articleship. I now wish to take transfer. A mid-sized firm in Mumbai agreed to take me in, but on the condition that I will have to sign a bond wherein I have to serve at least one year in their firm as an employee post completion of my articleship. Should I accept?

I want advice from experienced people out there. Currently, I am inclined to refuse the offer.

Firstly, because this is wrong and I can't compromise on my freedom.
Secondly, at the end of my articleship period, they will have the bargaining power when talking about salary negotiations.
Thirdly, I have a bad feeling about this.

Is this a common practice in Mumbai? Help me out guys!

Replies (2)

This is not a common practice.if u feel people there are not rude , if they are reasonable,and u think u deserve nothing better than that (exposure wise) based on ur abilities.u can opt for else no

Also, they work on Saturdays as well. Is this usual with mid-sized firms in Mumbai.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details