Missing HUF Deed

Hi All,

My father created an HUF account in 1984.

Father passed away in 2016.

There is one property under HUF name.

The HUF deed was not registered.

However we are unable to find the HUF deed right now.

As per HUF law after the demise of original karta, the next adult male co parcener becomes the Karta which I have already considered.

We wish to rent out the property now & the society is not considering me as Karta because they need a cooy of HUF deed wherein my name is mentioned as co parcener.

How can I make an old HUF deed or what is the best solutions to overcome this issue.

Thank you in advance

 

 

 

 

 

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses the challenge of a missing HUF deed, preventing the next Karta from managing a property for rental purposes. The original deed was unregistered, and despite the father's passing, the society requires proof of the new Karta's name. The conversation explores potential solutions, including amending the HUF PAN details and understanding the process for applying for changes without the original deed.

Apply for change and correction in HUF Pan by executing ammendment in HUF mentioning you as karta and provide this copy to society

@ CA Rashmi Gandhi Thank you for your reply.

We cannot find the HUF deed.

HUF pan name will not change. Only I need to apply for amendment for change in Karta by submitting the death certificate of dad, if I understood correctly.

May I know where should I apply for this & will the authorities there ask for an old deed again which we don't have.

You need to apply with tin nsdl and no original deed required for ammendment

@ CA Rashni Gandhi thank you for your reply.

Sorry but I am unable to understand the tin nsdl term used in your message. May I request you to share with me your contact on parekhravee @ gmail.com so that I seek more ellaborative advise & if possible service too.

 

Hi Team,

We have a huf deed with me(daughter) ,dad and mother.Now my father is no more.How to change the Kharta. We have bank account and Mf in huf.

We have lost the deed document but we have the pan with dad's name.

Can some one please guide me how to proceed..please

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details