Mismatch between 16a & 26as

I am a NRI. There are mismatches between Form 16A issued by my bank-Indian Bank and Form 26AS. I understand that the Deductor (in this case Indian Bank) does online filing of Tax deducted along with challan details etc in the web portal of TRACES. It appears the Form 16A as issued to the Deductee is not sent to TRACES.

Can any one please clarify this? Please also let me know which Form is used by the Deductor for online filing of TDS done.

File return as per Form 26AS

Total likes : 2 times

Dear Sir, But entries in Form 26AS are not correct. How can I file based on that?

If the entries are not correct in Form 26AS, contact deductor for its rectification. Department will accept 26AS entries, or else you will get mismatch notice.

Total likes : 3 times

Dear Sri Chandrakant,

I have done that too. But I want to know how to avoid in future & hence interested in the procedure.

Can you pl clarify :"It appears the Form 16A as issued to the Deductee is not sent to TRACES. Can any one please clarify this? Please also let me know which Form is used by the Deductor for online filing of TDS done."

Subramanian>V

student-CA FINALS

Dear mr. Chandrakant there is no such procedure where form 16 are sent to traces. Deductor just need to deduct your tds and deposit the same and file tds return. In case of mismatch as per form 16 and 26as that means bank either not deposited your tds or they have not properly filed tds return. U need to tell this to your bank and get it rectified after that u file ur return.

Dear Sri Manoj Raturi,

26AS is showing more entries. The Bank, it appears, has not filed the TDS Return properly in my case. Can you pl tell me what is the Form number thru which the Bank has to file the TDS Return for credits to TDS? I just want to know.

Subramanian.V

student-CA FINALS

Form 26q

CA qualified

Dear Sir,

The problem may be because of revised TDS returns being filed by the bank after issuing you the Form 16A. Or if the additional entries appearing in Form 26AS is significant and appearing to be not relating to yours, it may be because the bank erroneously updated your PAN to transactions relating to some other customer.

These differences are all because the TDS returns can be revised any no of times even after the issue of Form 16A. Hence, always check whether the transactions in Form 26AS is final and relating to yours. If so, don't bother about the Forms 16A issued.

Regards,

Ashok

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU