ICICI

Memorizing technique

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )     14 October 2014

*RENU SINGH *
✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩  
 4418 likes  21607 points

| My Other Post

Memorizing technique

Even though girls have natural tendency to gather more information and that’s why they are good at describing things and memorizing more things whereas a man’s mind has comparatively less sensory points that’s the reason why they are normally not so good with remembering things in detail and describing the same thereto. On the other hand boys have a good focus which girls don’t have as they get distracted easily; well that was a general fact, exceptions are always there.
Above Para was written just to make you feel good and about telling you what the best you can do naturally :P

Alright let’s move on to our next philosophy, memorizing things ... helping yourself out with remembering the bullet points, following can be the ways:-

1.       Mnemonics: - The easiest way to remember things as you can cut short the things in the manner you feel the need, and good to memorize the same at last point.
·         The only loophole of this simplest technique is you can’t go limitless with it.
·         After a limit, you’ll either mix up everything or start forgetting the same.
·         Best thing is apply this technique only for the question you feel most difficult or complicated one.

2.       Mind Map: - It’s simply about creating the big picture of a topic. And connecting with as many things as you can for example :-
·         Cobit has 5 principles and one of those includes holistic approach which is connected with its 7 enablers such as processes, organization structure and so on.
·         You don’t need to create a real mind map but you can still make a good idea in mind  or otherwise if needed can make the diagram in any shape or way you desire.
·         You can simply apply this technique on every easy topic. As ease of process would help you to connect things in much better way.
3.       Scribbling :-  well, this is just one time method. As you can’t use this method twice, if you do so... na its not worthy enough.  Scribbling is all about creating a rough draft of everything  or say just needed
·         You can use this technique mainly in revision time.
·         Scribbling is all about your recalling power, so every time a new scribble would be more productive than using an old one.
·         You can easily use this formula for almost everything, every question and the chances of getting confuse would be probably nil, if you use this technique in right manner.
4.       Vocabulary: - This is the most powerful method and indeed a long term idea. And obviously take long time to succeed. As now you focus on just complicated words and try to memorize them. 
·   For other things, you would use your own writing style.
·   This method is mainly useful for the last category of person in my revision methodology as they like to explore the more.
·   Normally, the learners can’t apply this technique as it’s based on slow understanding.

Well, that’s all for now. Hope it helps. Methods and techniques can vary person to person and surely there would be such other unique and creative ideas which I might not have explored. So any suggestions, ideas and comments are truly welcomed.

Regards
Renu

6 Like
avater

Sathish M (Management Accountant)     14 October 2014

Sathish M
Management Accountant 
 3419 likes  40526 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Thank you Renu ji for sharing your insights....!! Hope this will be helpful to someone or the other, in what ever way or in which ever modified form.

tushar (PAST ARTICLE)     14 October 2014

tushar
PAST ARTICLE 
 8 likes  244 points

Thank u Very helpful

avater

APRAJITA TRIPATHI (NIL)     14 October 2014

APRAJITA TRIPATHI
NIL 
 1 likes  43 points

Thanks it helps alot

avater

Brahma Nand (Finance associates)     15 October 2014

Brahma Nand
Finance associates 
 3 likes  63 points

Very helpful thanks for share

sudhir (Chartered Accountant)     15 October 2014

sudhir
Chartered Accountant 
 26 points

Plz explain vocabulary method ??

avater

Anubhuti Bhawsar (ca final student)     15 October 2014

Anubhuti Bhawsar
ca final student 
 5 likes  120 points

Nice article. Thank you for sharing it.

avater

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI)     15 October 2014

Santhosh Poojary
SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI 
 2659 likes  15587 points

Very Nice article with unique technique....helping writeup for students.....

The best way to memorise anything is to assign meaning to it....this is while repetition is good for keeping information in your short term memory it does not often successfully encode the information into your long term memory which is where you want it...Assigning meaning means making up little rhymes to help memorise facts or it can mean actually thinking about information.... sound Sleep does help you to successfully store information in your long term memory....... I would prefer late nights ( not during exam days ) because it is quite and free from disturbance and time appears to be unlimited..each one has to decide which is the best time for study based on their experience to remember the things, they read after study,, However We cannot compartmentalise study timings.For some one late night reading will be good yet for others early morning is good...best wishes..!

1 Like
avater

sunil (student)     15 October 2014

sunil
student 
 1 likes  60 points

Thank you very useful

avater

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )     15 October 2014

*RENU SINGH *
✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩  
 4418 likes  21607 points

Sleep technique interesting ...  Many ppl do it easily but I could never use it, as you either should be totally into it and must adhere to a pattern which is really hard for me.  It's much more lyk lucid dream where you sleep but still don't sleep. 

It happens in just 2 cases .... 

1. Out of  deepest interest in studies 

2. Out of tension beyond the limit .... 

I don't fall in both categories.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here