Member number does not exist

Hi All, I am newly registered member with ICAI. I have taken COP. I am trying to register my self at income tax portal as CA, but I am getting message "Membership number does not exist". I have also updated my PAN card details with ICAI. I have not taken FRN number. My membership No. is 173884. Please help me what should I do to register myself with Income Tax portal. Thank you, CA Prashant Patil
Replies (19)
dear prashanth., check the name in member list pattern and verify if there is difference in pan base. any mismatch may be there ..make name in both database to look similar. icai recently sent circular recently. contact regional office and they will guide to solve the issue. all the best

Hi Prashanth Ji,

Even i m facing the same problem for a couple of days. Got my membership number on 08.09.2016 (F.T.COP) but couldn't able to register on IT Site! Have u resolved ur problem? Pls do let me know how to resolve it.

Even i am facing similar problem and cannot register DSC. 

Please share if you have resolved the same.

Thank you.

DEAR PRASHANTH,

THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH I FACED WHEN I TRY TO REGISTER AS A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT IN THE INCOMETAX WEBSITE .I GOT THE MEMBERSHIP NO ON 22/09/2016. SO PLS LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GOT ANY UPDATE IN THIS REGARD .

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Dear Rupesh and Ashok,

Dont worry. Just try after some 2-3 working days, It will register. I too did the same.

thanks a lot raja sir.

thanks a lot raja sir.

HI RAJA SIR,

ALMOST A WEEK OVER STILL ITS SHOWS THE SAME .YOU TOO HAVE GOT THE MEMBERSHIP NO ON THURSDAY(08/09/2016) LIKE ME .SO PLS LET ME KNOW WHEN IS YOUR ISSUE GET RESOLVED .

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Same problem i m facing. 

I am facing the same problem. Can anyone tell me how this problem will be resolved?

it might be possible that your records with icai is not updated. please check your pan details with icai.

I was also facing the same problem.....I Raised the ticket at SSP Portal yesterday....and today it starts working. 

I am facing the same problem. Can anyone tell me how this problem will be resolved?
 

 

has your problem resolved ?? If yes than how

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details