Share More

Mechanism for Late Fees and Interest

AmmA (-)     19 September 2020

AmmA
- 
 26 points

| My Other Post

Hello.

My filing for GSTR 3B have been delayed since Mar 2020 and I am currently liable to pay late fees and interest (even after all the extensions / waivers given by the government). My queries are as follows:

1. For the pending returns of Mar 2020, as per my understanding, I have to pay late fees of Rs. 250 (CGST) + Rs. 250 (SGST) + interest @ 9% from Jul 3 till date (upto max Sep 30). Do I need to include the applicable fee and interest for return of Mar 2020 or Apr 2020? 

2. While preparing the challan for deposit into electronic ledger, I have to provide the split between CGST and SGST, even for interest. Should I divide the 9% above equally (i.e. 4.5% each) for GC and SG? Or it doesn't really matter and I can put it all in CGST section?

3. I would be filing nil returns for the months of Apr and May 2020. Is it correct that late fee is not payable? 

Would appreciate your  responses. 

avater

Aditi Kaur (Practising CA)    20 September 2020

CCI Online Learning offers a library of courses for CA/CS/CMA Aspirants from the best faculties in India. Our top notch courses aim to make your journey from a student to a professional, a successful one. To promise a successful career as a professional CCI Online Learning also offers programs like Financial Modeling, MS Excel, IFRS/IND AS Certification Courses that will help you take your career to the next level. Check out the free demo videos here https://www.caclubindia.com/coaching/

AmmA (-)     21 September 2020

AmmA
- 
 26 points

View Profile | My Other Post

hi. Any response for this?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register