Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SANDIP (ARTICLE ASSISTANT)     20 September 2013

Mat audit report form 29b

Is MAT Audit Report in Form 29B applicable for companies who have only 2 expenses i.e Audit Fees & Preliminery Expenses   & there is no sales. Loss in both as per companies Act & as per Income tax Law ? 

12 Replies

CA. Kunal Lakhotia

CA. Kunal Lakhotia (ACA)     20 September 2013

MAT applies to every company
1 Like
SANDIP

Is Audit Report in Form 29B is also required to furnish ?

Saurabh Maheshwari

Saurabh Maheshwari (B.com,ACA)     20 September 2013

MAT applicable to all companies agreed....

But as far as requirm to furnish Accountant Report in Form 29B is concerned ....

the same to be filed only and only by a co. which  has paid MAT for the AY....if co. paid normal tax then 29B need not to be e-filed.

Sec 115JB(4) makes that very clear....

Every company to which this section applies, shall furnish a report in the prescribed form

3 Like
SANDIP

Mr Saurabh 

In My case, comapny is not paying tax even as per noramal provisions or mat provisions as it has loss as per books & as per income tax laws alo 

Prashant Kini

Prashant Kini (Article Assistant)     20 September 2013

MAT is applicable only in case company has book profit. Where a company has no book profit question on MAT doesn't arise and accordingly 29B is not applicable
1 Like
Saurabh Maheshwari

Saurabh Maheshwari (B.com,ACA)     20 September 2013

Originally posted by : Prashant Kini
MAT is applicable only in case company has book profit. Where a company has no book profit question on MAT doesn't arise and accordingly 29B is not applicable

yes, agreed with Prashant....

1 Like
CA Mitesh N Kothari

CA Mitesh N Kothari (9821662799)     20 September 2013

Totally agree with Saurabh Maheshwari

1 Like
Vinod Kumar Sand

Vinod Kumar Sand (Partner)     22 September 2013

Agreed with Prashant Kinis opinion. Vinod Kumar Sand FCA
Sourav

Sourav (Achieving d UnAchieved)     25 September 2013

Originally posted by : CA. Kunal Lakhotia
MAT applies to every company

MAT applies to every company and it is mandatory to report in form 29B irrespective of profit or loss of the company.

AKASH THOBHANI

AKASH THOBHANI (Article Clerk)     21 August 2015

Please let me know the list of companies to whom the MAT provisions and Form 29B has to be filed compulsorily.

naveen

naveen (Self Employed)     18 September 2015

Dear all
your suggestions are highly appreciated.

I have required format of  29B. and how to file this form.

Please suggest me who sign form 29B, Appointed Auditor or any CA.

Divyansh Jain

Divyansh Jain (Partner)     26 August 2017

Is it compulsory to submit ‘Form 29B’, even if tax is paid as per normal provision of IT act?

Sub-section 4 of Section 115JB provides that every Company to which section 115JB applies shall furnish a report certifying that the book profit has been computed in accordance with the provisions of this section along with the return of income. Sub-section 5A to Section 115JB provides that the section 115JB is not applicable to income from life insurance business. Therefore, ‘Form 29B’ has to be filed in all cases, other than the cases covered u/s 115JB(5A). Even if normal tax is more than the tax payable u/s 115JB, Form 29B is necessary to show that tax payable u/s 115JB is less than normal tax. However, if you disagree, ignore the warning and click on ‘Generate e-return’.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register