LTCG carried forward

Dear Sir/Madam
I have had a loss of Rs.100000 in my Equity oriented mutual funds after grandfathering and in my debt oriented mutual funds I have had a gain of Rs. 100000 after indexation. Now will my capital gain in debt oriented mutual funds be adjusted against my loss in equity oriented mutual funds with a net gain of zero? And if I cannot adjust my loss in equity oriented mutual funds against gain of debt oriented mutual funds will I get this Loss (LTCG) carried forward to subsequent eight years for set-off against LTCG.
Replies (1)

The statement is not correct....  "I have a loss of Rs.---- in my Equity oriented mutual funds after grandfathering and in my debt oriented mutual funds.

In case of loss, grandfathering has no effect.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details