Lost account statements - means black money?

I earned money from the year 2009 to 2013 and used a USA based payment provider and total income for these years was never above Taxable Limit, however my payment provider don't have financial statements of more than 3 years old.

Which means that I don't have proof of showing the money around INR 6 Lacs were earned from 2009 to 2013 and no tax evasion was made. However when RBI changed rules, they sent entire INR 6 Lacs to my Bank Account in India.

I need to know if Financial Statement is not available then it makes this amount as black money?

Replies (4)

In this digital age, almost any statement can be regenerated. Otherwise also minimum 7 years records are required to be maintain.

This USA based payment processor I used don't provide financial statements for more than 3 years. Now I want to know if this money will be considered black money by IT department? Please answer appropriately with full details at earliest.

You will be given chance to justify the source of the income. If by all means, you cannot justify, it would be treated as that.

I think, the account statements are lost and would proof IT department is not going to believe words? As the money arrived in my bank account of India in 2011 and 2013, can I file a ITR now and pay Income Tax with interest(or penalty)?

Or is it required that I go with the declaration of undisclosed income scheme which has been extended?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details