Looking for Articleship !!!

CA Radhika Pai (Chartered Accountant) (776 Points)

24 November 2011  

I gave my CPT Exam immediately after my 12th std. exams in AUGUST,2007 and cleared in first attempt with 128 marks out of 200 marks. Due to some personal reasons, I was not able to continue further, so, I decided to continue CA after completing my graduation. I completed my B.COM Tin 2010 and secured 78%. I completed pre-requsities for appearing IPCC GRP-I Exam i.e. I completed 100 HRS ITT and ORIENTATION PROGRAMME during 2010 and appeared for IPCC GRP-I exam in NOVEMBER,2010 in which, I secured 214 marks out of 400 marks in first attempt.Therefore, my attempt for IPCC GRP-II Exam was to be in MAY,2011. But, as there were chances that my M.COM-I Exam might clash with IPCC GRP-II Exam, I decided to give in NOVEMBER, 2011. I secured 62% in M.COM-I Exam.So, in this NOVEMBER, I gave my IPCC GRP-II Exam and now, I am looking for my articleship.

Taking into consideration the above situation, I have some questions :

(1) Will there be any kind of excuse or issue on part of CA firm to take me as article as there was discontinuity in my CA Course? There is a gap between CPT Exam and IPCC Exam.

(2) What are the preferable qualities or criterias do CA firm look for in an article ?

(3) What type of questions do they ask  while joining their firm for articleship?

I had interacted with my friends regarding their joining of articleship, but, I didn't find any satisfactory answers from them.

Here, on CCI, I hope that you all experts over here, will guide me in this matter. I know that giving BOTH GROUPS at a time in NOVEMBER,2010 itself would have been better, but, at that point of time, I was unable to focus on studies for SECOND GROUP of IPCC.

I hope for better guidance.

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!