Long term capital gain

I purchased an office in 1999 sep for rs 6 lacs, it is not registered in my name. Now I will sell it for rs 35 lacs. The stamp duty valuation is rs 61 lacs. Obviously, the stamp duty value is much more than the real market value, I m in no position to pay capital gain tax even after indexing. What is my tax liability on this deal and how to minimise it. Do I need to re invest in residential property only. I hav no residential property in my name, as on date. Pl advise best tax planning for me. I want to purchase another office with the sale proceeds.

Replies (2)

if the office is not registered in your name then why are you worried about paying the LTCG.  The owner of the proeprty will pay LTCG.

if u have 'purchased' office than how it is not in your name???

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details