Loan from spouse

Hello experts,

If I treat the amount received through cheques from my wife as loan in tax audit report while filing ITR3 and show as interest free unsecured loans.

Whether any supporting document need to prepare like promissory note on stamp paper or a simple letter on white paper is suffcient.




I t
Replies (3)
Yes... You can any of the above said One if You book the amount as Loan.
Thx
Any prescriber format ? Whether external witness sign required?
I m thinking to document it on simple paper.
Some amount was returned so I did not treat it as gift as gift are not reversible as advise to me. But practically can't we treat it as net gift or gross gift to each other.
Should I now document the gross loan fugure on simple paper for a record ?
Whether document need to be notarised ?
As per my view No need for notarized...

Also no more specific formats. You can prepare Yourself with details.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details