Live happily

CA Pooja Agarwal (Chartered Accountant) (3228 Points)

08 October 2012  

Steps to happiness

1. William James said that the greatest discovery of the 19th century was the power of the

subconscious mind touched by faith.

2. There is tremendous power within you. Happiness will come to you when you acquire

a sublime confidence in this power. Then, you will make your dreams come true.

3. You can rise victorious over any defeat and realize the cherished desires of your heart

through the marvelous power of your subconscious mind. This is the meaning of

whosoever trusteth in the Lord ,happy is he.

4. You must choose happiness. Happiness is a habit. It is a good habit to ponder often on

Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just,

whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good

report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

5. When you open your eyes in the morning, say to yourself, I choose happiness today. I

choose success today. I choose right action today. I choose love and good will for all

today. I choose peace today. Pour life, love, and interest into this affirmation, and you

have chosen happiness.

6. Give thanks for all your blessings several times a day. Furthermore, pray for the peace,

happiness, and prosperity of all members of your family, your associates, and all people

everywhere.

7. You must sincerely desire to be happy. Nothing is accomplished without desire. Desire

is a wish with wings of imagination and faith. Imagine the fulfillment of your desire, and

feel its reality, and it will come to pass. Happiness comes in answered prayer.

8. By constantly dwelling on thoughts of fear, worry, anger, hate, and failure, you will

become very depressed and unhappy. Remember, your life is what your thoughts make of

it.

9. You cannot buy happiness with all the money in the world. Some millionaires are very

happy, some are very unhappy. Many people with very little worldly goods are very

happy, and some are very unhappy. Some married people are happy, and some very

unhappy. Some single people are happy, and some are very unhappy. The kingdom of

happiness is in your thought and feeling.

10. Happiness is the harvest of a quiet mind. Anchor your thoughts on peace, poise,

security, and divine guidance, and your mind will be productive of happiness.

11. There is no block to your happiness. External things are not causative; these are

effects, not cause. Take your cue from the only creative principle within you. Your

thought is cause, and a new cause produces a new effect. Choose happiness.

12. The happiest man is he who brings forth the highest and the best in him. God is the

highest and the best in him, for the kingdom of God is within.