Life as a financial analyst

Tina Sharma (Financial Analyst) (35 Points)

15 July 2015  

As a dumb student of commerce I used to bunk classes a lot through out my academics (till graduation). Lack of proper guidance leads me to unknown career path till  I just went to advance finance & accounts training center with my friend as her companion. After counseling, I mesmerized with the activities/tasks of a financial analyst. On that moment I have decided to be a financial analyst. Within 2 weeks I had joined a chartered financial analyst (CFA) training institute. Initially it took 2 months to understood basics as I was dumbo in finance. After 2 & half years of hard work, I have qualified CFA level 3.

Got an opportunity to join XL Dynamics as an associate financial analyst. At starting I activities are to gather financial data & make financial models out of them. It was a hectic task but as days passed I really loved to do it. This helps me a lot to understand how funds are invested & what are the best means to invest money. By the time I switched to BNY, I have enough confident to take decisions regarding invesments. Here I designed as senior financial analyst. Now, days starts with a cup of coffee with economic times to keep track on financial news. Go to office & consolidate all data & review various financial models, jot down the strategies for investment, talk to clients & suggest investment ideas with the help of data sheet. Best part is the decision making about how, what, when & where to invest the money so that client will get maximum profit out of it & really worthy for me when my client recieves the +ve margin on their investment. It boost my confidence more & more...

When I think about my past I really laugh out loud. Past is always made me laugh :)