Leave of an article assistant

I have doubt as regards the leave applicability of an article assistant. For the same, I invite your attention to clause 7 of Regulation 59, which deals with leave to article assistant and is read as under:

 

"  For the purpose of this regulation, the days (including intervening holidays) on which an articled assistant appears for any examination under these Regulations or attends a course of academy of accounting conducted by the Institute and recognized by the Council in this behalf, shall not be treated as leave but would be treated as period actually served under articles"

I'm preparing for my CA final and I'm registered under PCC Scheme. As mentioned in the prospectus, I'm eligible for GMCS course after completion of PCC. I want to know whether attending GMCS will be considered leave or will be deemed to be on duty?

 

I just want to finish the same before I take leave for my CA final and I do not wish to do the same after writing my CA Final.

Replies (1)

It would not not be considered as leave, it will be treated as "on duty". The clauses you mentioned above even contains the GMCS course's attending clause at the institue's site (search for leave section).

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details