Late GST Registration penalty

Hello,

My Income only comes from export of service (Zero-rated supply).

I have not registered under GST even though my turnover exceeded the exemption limit last year.

I recently learned that GST registration is required.

So my question is

If I have to register for GST now what penalties will I face?

Do I have to pay a fine for the Zero-rated supply tax of last year?

Replies (1)

You are required to register once your turnover crosses the ₹20 lakh (or ₹10 lakh) threshold. While you may face a general penalty for late registration, you do not owe tax on your past "zero-rated" exports because the tax rate is 0%. Ensure your services meet the legal definition of "export of services" to avoid being classified as a taxable domestic service. Registering as soon as possible is the best way to mitigate future issues.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details