KPMG has ruined my life

gunjan nolkha (none) (42 Points)

24 May 2009  

In the first week of May-09, I received a call for interview from KPMG, Bangalore and I was selected for articleship. I received the formal offer letter from KPMG (BSR & Co) via email which was duly accepted by me on following day.
During my discussion with the HRD-KPMG, Bangalore on formalities required to be completed in wake of the new announcement (dt.27-Mar-09 and dt.18-Apr-09) by the ICAI restricting transfer except in certain circumstances, I was being informed that re-registration can be done up to 15-May-09. It was on account of new announcement by ICAI on 28-Apr-09 (date might be incorrect as there are no references available on the institute’s website in this regard). On the basis of their assurance, I took a transfer from my old firm.
On the day of designated date of joining KPMG i.e. 11-May-09, I was informed that it will not be possible for them to take me as an article as the extension announcement doesn’t hold good on 11-May-09.
Later I tried it with the institute for permission for transfer.  But it did not work. Also the KPMG people showed a highly unprofessional attitude by saying that they will not take me even if institute permits.
I dont know what to do and where to go know. I am able to find vacancy at my native place but not from the date of transfer. Because of which my attempt will be postponed by 6 months.
PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!