Itr3: 26as and gst mismatch

I am an individual  & software service provider filing ITR3. 

My 26AS FY 2018-19 shows  my client's TDS Return: He has deposit TDS for last 2 years together in Oct 2018

In Sep 2017 client paid : X + GST

In Sep 2018  client paid : X + GST

In Oct 2018 he deposits TDS for both years together with a single TDS certificate FY 2018-19 .

Can I claim TDS FY 2018-19 & LY 2017-18  with the same TDS certificate , in ITR3 ?

I have filed my GSTR regularly and worried about this mismatch with 26AS , because it shows 2X instead of X.

Please advise. THANKS

 

Replies (4)

Unless the deductor rectifies his TDS return, and issue you TDS certificate for each assessment year separately, there are chances that ITD will ask you to declare the income of FY 2017-18 in  FY 2018-19, i.e. based on form 26AS report.

In case they do not file a revised TDS return, what should I do, Sir in my ITR3 ?

Even if they file revised, I was told it may not be reflected in 26AS before 31 Aug.

Thx

You claim TDS apportioned to the current year income declared, that  may match as per GST return.

Thankyou Sir. I will claim TDS only for current year, as per your advise.  

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details