Itr2 online filing for ay2018-2019 fails with invalid X M L

 I'm trying to file my ITR2 return for AY2018-2019 and hit the following errors:

  • With excel utility (PR2 version downloaded today) I see :
    Invalid XML : Please generate XML again using the latest utility
  • With JAVA utility (PR2 version downloaded today) when I click on Save or Submit, the tool only displays a Validation pane showing the message :
    0-0 out of 0 errors.
    I did not get any errors during the filling process anywhere - so I'm doubtful of the tool now

I don't know if/where there is latest utility now - the one I downloaded is from efiling website just today (says as updated on 7/7/2018)

Can someone PLEASE help me?

Replies (4)
I have used ITR 2 Excel utility today to file return .
it has generated valid XML and also uploaded as well as accepted.
I think excel may be corrected
download again and try to file.

What is the version of the excel utility you downloaded?

I am getting the same ERROR though I have downloaded the file again today the latest file available on Incometax site. Can anyone help here.

I got around this by using the JAVA utility

You would need to close and open the java utility by saving a draft once; then it generates an X M L correctly

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details