Itr sent to ao 5 years ago!

my old ITR got transferred to AO 5 years ago.

No notice, no demand, no scrutiny, no email or SMS or letter, nothing, it is stuck there since 5 years.

I visited AO and he said everything ok but some system problem is there.

I have not asked for refund or anything but I want that state to change to "processed". I am getting worried, if they demand extra tax after many years I have to pay interest on all these years? Why can't they check my return sooner?

Replies (1)

Technically it is presumed to be processed.

No question of any interest liability now, over the said ITR.

In case of any discrepancy, or any income found which may not have been declared in the ITR, a fresh notice may arrive.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details