ITR revision, with form-67

Dear Sir, 

 

I need to revise my income tax return (individual) for the AY 2019-20. Earlier, while filing original return, I've filled ITR-2, along with form-67 for foreign-tax credit.

The reasons for revision are:

1. To correct self-assessment tax challan number.

2. To update information in tab AL of ITR2

 

There is no change in the information mentioned in form-67 submitted in the original IT return.

 

Queries:

 

1. Do I need to submit form-67 again, while filing the revised return, or the previously (originally) submitted form-67 will hold good ?

 

2. Do I need to e-Veriify the revised return ? If yes, what is the time limit for this task ?

 

Please suggest.

Also, please suggest any other precautions to taken care while submitting a revised IT return.

 

Regards,

Sanjeev 

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses the process of revising an Income Tax Return (ITR-2) for AY 2019-20, specifically when Form 67 for foreign tax credit was initially filed. The user seeks clarification on whether Form 67 needs to be resubmitted with the revised return, especially since the original Form 67 details remain unchanged. Additionally, guidance is sought on the e-verification process for the revised return and any necessary precautions.

Please respond.

It is urgent

With reference to the query mentioned above, can somebody clarify me if I need to submit form-67 again, while filing the revised return, or the previously (originally) submitted form-67 will hold good ?

 

Now that it is clarified that I need to form-67 again, as a part of the revised IT return, I need to know as to where can I find the originally filled form-67 ?

Unfortunately, I've lost the copy of the form-67 originally filled by me.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details