ITR not filed for last two years

For last two financial years my salary comes under taxable range ie. 2.5L but after the deductions like insurance,PPF etc I wouldn't have to pay any tax as per Form 16 from my company. I also have PAN but not filed any ITR yet eventhough my salary is withing taxable range without deductions. So, is it compulsary to file ITR if salary is with in taxable limit but not taxable after deductions? If yes, can I file ITR a fresh from this FY only, or should sumbit the same for last two years also? Please help.

Replies (7)

Dear Gopan , Obligation to file ITR arises when,g. Total Income exceeds without considering any deduction , But u didn't file the ROI . whether after deductions u r not lible to pay Tax.

Now u can file return of current Yr- FY-09-10 and FY-08-09(upto 31.03.2011)

Thanks. Can I file ITR for current FY onwards and skip previous years? If no, any fine for late filing for last two years?

 

Originally posted by : AMIT SHRIVASTAVA


Dear Gopan , Obligation to file ITR arises when,g. Total Income exceeds without considering any deduction , But u didn't file the ROI . whether after deductions u r not lible to pay Tax.

Now u can file return of current Yr- FY-09-10 and FY-08-09(upto 31.03.2011)

 

 

 

 

Dear Gopan,

         You are required to file returns for the previous years also, since ur income has exceeded the minimum taxable limit.

Dear Gopan,

    penalty under section 271F shall be Rs.5000/- for one return

I have income in INDIA from interest on bank NRO term Deposits. Last time I filed ITR was for the FY 2005-2006 (AY 2006-07). Can I file ITR from FY 2006-07 till date? (I just collected all my TDS certificates from the bank for the previsous years also).

Originally posted by : Gopan

For last two financial years my salary comes under taxable range ie. 2.5L but after the deductions like insurance,PPF etc I wouldn't have to pay any tax as per Form 16 from my company. I also have PAN but not filed any ITR yet eventhough my salary is withing taxable range without deductions. So, is it compulsary to file ITR if salary is with in taxable limit but not taxable after deductions? If yes, can I file ITR a fresh from this FY only, or should sumbit the same for last two years also? Please help.

 As per Section 139(1) ITR should be filed if Gross Total Income exceeds Rs. 1,60,000. In your case if there is no tax liability then i will suggest you to start filing ITR now onwards. Moreover, penalty u/s 271F is not levied practically by Assessing Officer until and unless there is any tax liability

In AY 2011-12 i have worked for 2 company ,1st company  send me the form 16 (for Gross income Rs.108017 and deductable amount 3900 )for 4 months, 2nd company send form 16 and shown HRA 7639 only for all 8 months instade of 96000 . The gross salary for 2nd company was Rs 297860 and total deductable amount including HRA 7639 was 74089),paid tax was RS.6568

I contacted  to company who file itr for this company and submitted the pay slip and other documnets for rent proof for both company to file ITR.

That company did some calculation and asked me to pay 5590 through Direct tax challan and i paid that.

But that compay din't file ITR. i have to file ITR now , please let me know how to file ITR with updated HRA 96000 .

 

Thanks

Akshay

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details