Itr form and audit

 

I’m an individual having income from Interest on STCG, Fix Deposits and Salary.

 

I had made delivery based 40 transactions in FY 2011-12 (7 to buy and 33 to sell at my online trading account with Sharekhan Ltd.) and total buy value come to Rs.966000.00 while sell value come to Rs.1866000.00 total amounting to approximately Rs.2800000.00. But not a single intraday transaction was made.

 

My total income is app. Rs.700000.00 Including STCG of Rs.64000.00. I would be in fitness to mention here that I had file ITR 4 for FY 2010-11 as I had lot of intraday trading transaction too. Do I need to get my accounts audit u/s 44AB and which ITR form ITR 2 or ITR 4 should be used to file my income tax return for FY 2011-12? Kindly guide me. Thanks.

 

Replies (1)

Giri,

Your selection of ITR forms is not based on the form used in the previous year. Since the income for the current year is STCG, FD interest and salary, you are liable to file ITR 2 and audit u/s 44AB is not required.

 

It should be noted that section 44AB mentions the TURNOVER OF BUSINESS. If u are saying that its STCG it means that the shares have been shown as investments and not as stock and hence the share profit is not a business activity.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details