The discussion revolves around the commencement of Income Tax Return (ITR) filing for Assessment Year 21-22. While some forms like ITR1 and ITR4 are available, users are advised to wait for a few days for the official filing to begin and for the 26AS statement to be fully updated. There's also a query regarding the appropriate ITR form for individuals with NRE salary, Indian rental income, interest, brokerage, and property sale losses, with suggestions pointing towards ITR2 or ITR3 depending on the specifics.
I have NRE Salary from April 20 to Dec 2020 only. Plus indian rental income + Interest on SB/FDR/RD+Brokerage from Zerodha + Referal commission also i have received. In such a case which rerurn i have to file. And from Dec 2020 to May 2021 i am jobless and only little income. I have sold my property in loss of 19 Lacs in which there is a TDS deduction of Rs.3.53 Lacs ( Credit is showing in 26AS ) from ICICI Bank being NRE Client. I have to take refund for the same, so which ITR i have to file. Please help me as i want my TDS back on priority.