Easy Office
LCI Learning

ITR 2 upload error

Page no : 2

Harish Kumar (GM) (28 Points)
Replied 16 October 2022

I also faced the same problem while doing  final verification. 

while uploading ITR-2, we are getting the following error at the last stage of verification : [#/ITR/ITR2: extraneous key [PartB-ATI] is not permitted];#;Please contact the developer of your utility with the error key

Also in the preview in the first tab incorrect information appear viz opting for new tax regime etc. 

But in the downloaded preview form information was correct  

on final validation above error is shown

Kindly advise on how to resolve the same

Thanks

Sunil Verma (120 Points)
Replied 17 October 2022

Hello Harish

I also noticed preview showng all incorrect information and downloaded preview was okay. I have seen funny things on portal  and suffered since 2021. Got same error on verification.

Sunil Verma (120 Points)
Replied 17 October 2022

Helpdesk response to grievance below.

Also SENT email to efiilingwebmanager @ incometax.gov.in with information required. 

Greetings from Income Tax Department Helpdesk . 

Issue Descripttion:  Filing revised ITR-2 u/s 139(5) ONLINE . Validation successful. Got Error warning on verification step and could not proceed. #/ITR/ITR2:extraneuskey[PartB-ATI]is not permitted; Please contact the developer of utility with error key. Attached screen image.

Resolution: As per your concern, Firstly, delete the browser history (Press ‘Ctrl+Shift+Del’) and download the latest version of utility and re-generated the JSON/XML and upload . • Do not use special characters (For example: ~, @ , #, $, %, ^, &, *. (,),”) double spaces. • Do not copy and paste the content in the utility of ITR or Form. If issue persist, kindly attach and share the following details at efilingwebmanager @ incometax.gov.in • Scanned copy of PAN • Contact Details • Screenshot of the error message •With detailed information • Copy of json/X M L file Note: If Already submitted kindly Ignore

Vishnu (Auditor) (27 Points)
Replied 17 October 2022

step 1  : download and install offline utility
Step 2 : Download .json file from the page just before validation.

step 3 : open offline utility and upload .json file 

step 4 : follow as usual procedure .. you won't get error this time ..

THANK YOU.. HAPPY FILING 

Sunil Verma (120 Points)
Replied 17 October 2022

Hi Vishnu

Good luck for you. I again got the same error with ITR-2

Vishnu (Auditor) (27 Points)
Replied 17 October 2022

no ..it should work ...i think  somewhere you did a mistake ....again i tried and .. filed one more return ... just now ...please follow steps ... if doesn't works .. please let me know .. 

aman gupta (2 Points)
Replied 17 October 2022

Hey Vishnu,

Can't we fill online. Why we are getting error while filing online ITR-2?

Sunil Verma (120 Points)
Replied 18 October 2022

Hi Vishnu

Tried again exactly per your steps. But NO success, same error . Sent email to efilingwebmanager with JASON and error message etc. 

Manoj BG (Tax Professional and in Service)   (1795 Points)
Replied 18 October 2022

Hello Friends,

This is confirmed solution. Follow below process to rectify the error :

1) Fill the ITR details online on income tax portal. Once completely filled, just do return validation online on portal and once validated, click on download json file

2) Open downloaded json file in notepad (right click on json, select "open with" option > "Choose Another App" > select "notepad")

3) Ctrl + F "B-ATI" and remove "A" from therein. Once done, please save and close the file.

4) Open offline java utility and open said corrected json file from the utility. Follow the regular process of field validation. Once all details filled, proceed with return validation and then download json file.

5) Now, login to incometax portal and proceed with filing income tax return using offline option and upload said json file (as finalised in step no. 4)

6) You will not get the same error and your return will get filed successfully,

Thanks and Regards,

Manoj B. Gavali

2 Like

Sunil Verma (120 Points)
Replied 18 October 2022

Thanks a million Manoj for getting this elephant thru.

Filed successfully.

Harish Kumar (GM) (28 Points)
Replied 19 October 2022

Dear Manoj B. Gavali, 

Thanks a lot, At last I was able to upload the ITR following steps in your solution.

You were correct, the problem is related to Schedule Part B-ATI. Earlier I was not able to View PART- B-ATI in the preview window. After following your suggestion this error schedule is removed and only correct Part B -TI remains. Now this was uploaded without any error message.

Thanks again

Prasanna Venkatesh (4 Points)
Replied 20 October 2022

Mr. Manoj, in your reply item 4 -Open offline java utility and open said corrected json file from the utility. Follow the regular process of field validation. Once all details filled, proceed with return validation and then download json file.
Great if you clarify this Java utility is same as Excel utility or different.  More stepwise clarity how to open the jason file using java utility, will be highly obliged

Prasanna

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: