ITR 1 excel issue on TDS 2 - Urgent help

Dear All,

I am e-filing using ITR 1 form (r6 downloaded yesterday from IT depptt website). Under column 3

"Income from other sources(ensure to fill Sch TDS 2), " when I enter the interest amount of say 15000 (total interest from different banks combined) and

1) when TDS has not been deducted by any bank then what should I enter in sch TDS 2?

2) if I leave TDS 2 row blank and do validation it passes but when I generate xml then it shows No of entries as 1 for "TDS on Interest", which is incorrect as there is no entry.

will it work if i upload this xml and not get rejected.

Same problem hapens even if I leave the Column 3 empty.

Pl help urgently

Thanks

Naveen

Replies (2)

Hi

Kindly fill the bank details in the schedule that is TAN NUMBER, Bank Name, Interst Amount and TDS DEDUCTED IS 0. 

Then you will not have any problem in generating the XML .

ENTER IT IN A FRESH ITR 1 ... DO NOT IMPORT DATA... TYPE IT MANUALLY ... VALIDATE EACH PAGE... DO NOT TYPE ANYTHING INT TDS2 COLUMN... IT MIGHT WORK!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details