ITC eligibility

I am a commission agent. I purchase goods from Amway through my credit card. For that purchase I receive input. am I eligible to claim that input. I make the purchase for someone else i.e i receive amount from someone and purchase the goods for them. In that case am I eligible to claim ITC.
Replies (8)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether a commission agent can claim Input Tax Credit (ITC) on goods purchased from Amway using their credit card for third parties. While general conditions for ITC eligibility under Section 16(2) of the CGST Act are mentioned, the crucial point is how the transaction is accounted for. If purchases are treated as 'samples' in the books, even if a consideration is received, ITC is blocked under Section 17(5)(h) as free samples are considered ineligible for credit.

It is not inevitable that from which goods are received. if condition u/s 16(2) are satisfied than you can eligible to claim ITC. Conditions are as follow.

1) Goods or Services has been received
2) Invoice or other evidence in possession
3) return has been furnished by Supplier
4) Payment of tax in respect to that supply has been made to Government

Even if I don't treat all the purchases made by me as purchases and in my books I show it as samples. Even then is ITC eligible to be claimed

No...

If you treat the goods as Samples in your Books of Accounts, then you are not eligible to claim ITC, since it is specifically BLOCKED under Section 17(5) clause (h) of the CGST Act 2017.
As per section 17(5)(h) free samples are covered under blocked credit. I don't give it as a free sample I get a consideration from the purchaser.

ITC on samples = not allowed 

Only for accounting purpose I am showing it as samples but actually I am purchasing from Amway and selling it to someone else
How you account only is the conclusive matter. Other things are irrelevant
Thank you everyone for the replies

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details