It's a big deal: Security for Girls - Spare a moment to read

Bhavin Pathak (Self-employed) (4772 Points)

21 December 2012  

I was stunned by reading the real story of the Delhi Rape case, people are protesting against the suspect and the slow judicial system of India. feeling proud that you’ve changed your profile picture to black dot for protesting the shameful Delhi Rape Case, I know how its big deal to change the profile pic from yours to a black dot. But friends, seriously this will not something that can change, nothing at all. If you want do something then do it in a practical way. I am here giving instructions to do or not to do while you are in this situation:

Instructions for girls:

1. Your security is in your hands only; no one will be there for you while you are facing the situation. Government is not bound or liable for your security they will give justice to you, that’s it.
  2. Keep a pepper’s spray or chilli or knife with you. A girl can keep lips stick or some make up kit with her, that girl can atleast keep these things also, it is not a big deal. Nobody will teach you how you’ll use this. But as and when situation come, you’ll learn automatically.
  3. Spare 10-20 minutes for awareness in this situation on internet. If you can use internet for accessing facebook then it is not big issue.
  4. Do whatever you can, first ran away from the spot. Use the above things, there is law and regulation system in our country only for justice, but that justice will be very slow and I personally think that for a girl respect is not just a word.
  5. We all know our judicial system is very slow, sometime polices deny to take the FIR also, force them to do. Otherwise, the suspects will not at all will be arrested.
  6. Most importantly, try to recognize the people, don’t give freedom to boys for doing anything phishy, don’t try to excite them. Sorry to say but here, I dint highlight girls mentality. Some boys are like that. Girls should recognize them.

To all girls, I only wanted to say, I respect you, but mind well, “I am a boy and I am not a rapist.”

Instruction for boys:

1. If you know that someone who’s you know and that person can do something phishy, then stop him and make him understand that it’s wrong and explain in innocent manner.
  2. Make your thought process stronger, live with strong rules and morality, keep on respecting girls.
  3. As we all know, in a Delhi Rape Case, the girl and a guy lies nude on the land, no one gave them single cloth, don’t do that, at the same situation someone from you can be there. Being human.
  4. If this kind of incident is happening around you, don’t hesitate to involve in this. Nothing is going against to you. Believe on the judicial system of India. Make yourself proud by involving in this kind of issues. Nobody can do, if you can be a brother in this situation and make our Constitution proud, because you are fulfilling your duties in a right manner.
  5. Boys also should learn tips to handle these situations.

Please do something serious because it can be happen with anyone. I hope in this Delhi rape case, suspects get the toughest punishment in court of law and it should be very fast. Live life with respect and give respect to girls. After all she is your mother and a sister as well. As a son of a mother, as brother of a sister, its my duty to do this.

Regards, Bhavin Pathak