It refund processing

Ram K (NA) (205 Points)

11 September 2019  

I am following up with CPC on my income tax refund matter. They are not giving clear answers. They are saying that this year department has made some changes in its processing and hence it could take some more days. My refund is reflecting in 143(1) and it’s a 20 day old story now.

Since most of the experienced members on this forum are CAs or in finance field, just want to know if there’s any truth in what cpc helpdesk are saying. Is it true that department has made some changes in refund processing and is that the reason for delay?

There’s no communication from cpc on this matter whatsoever. No information if there's any action due from my side or their side. My 'worklist/for you action' items under efiling have no such action items.

Moreover I asked them if for example it takes say 2 months to credit refund, is cpc going to compensate by added interest. They say no further interest shall be given than what’s specified in 143(1). This is  bad news. It means cpc can utilize the money as they want and still not compensate by additional interest.