It notice u/s 143(1)(a) for adjustment in schedule si.

gunturboy26 (Self Employed)     30 May 2019

gunturboy26
Self Employed 
 4 likes  217 points

| My Other Post

For the FY 2017-2018 We have received a notice from IT department with the notice number 143(1)(a). It says about an incorrect claim and has the following message.

"Assesse is not filling special income in Schedule SI correctly"

The short term capital gain of 109985 is mentioned in the notice, we have submitted the capital gains details while filing the ITR but looks like the Schedule SI is not filled correctly. IT website says that we have not mentioned this amount in ITR in Schedule SI.

So have we just missed filling a section? So this is just an adjustment and no tax will be applied.

Any information?

Thank you in advance.

avater

anoop (g.m accounts)     30 May 2019

anoop
g.m accounts 
 8 likes  200 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Revise your Return if possible

gunturboy26 (Self Employed)     30 May 2019

gunturboy26
Self Employed 
 4 likes  217 points

Originally posted by : anoop
Revise your Return if possible

Thank you for the reply Anoop. But isn't this a simple adjustment which we forgot to fill in the particular schedule SI? Revising a return is a whole another thing. We did not hide any details from the IT department, so thinking this to be a small technicality.

Any more suggestions people?

avater

anoop (g.m accounts)     31 May 2019

anoop
g.m accounts 
 8 likes  200 points

Income tax department will go by their software. If software is not accepting it and taking out demand than only alternative is to revise return. if you will go to your assessing officer also, he will also say something or can ask you to get complete assessment done

avater

CA. Umesh kumar (ca.umesh11@gmail.com)     31 May 2019

CA. Umesh kumar
ca.umesh11@gmail.com 
 78 likes  1190 points

You can not file revise return for AY 2017-18, You have to file rectification return. You may send message to me if any problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »