It notice u/s 142(1), after notice us 143(2) received after stipulated time

I had received an IT scrutiny notice us 143(2) in my email on 19th Dec 2017 for AY 2016-17. The notice was dated 24/08/2017 and gave me time till 05/09/2017 to reply. But, I received the notice only on 19/12/2017 through email. Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/it-notice-us-143-2-received-after-stipulated-time-441125.asp Last time, since the notice was served well after the due date for 143(2) and there was no e-proceedings pending in my IT efiling account, I had ignored the notice. But, now I have received a notice again under Sec 142(1), for the AY 2016-17 on 14/9/2018 and I have to reply with details for the notice by 20/09/2018. Also, one more thing to note is that I had received the time barred notice under 143(2) on my email id1, where as I have received the notice under 142(1) on my email id2. What should be my course of action now? Please clarify. Thanks, Rahul
Replies (2)
I received an SMS for eproceedings for the notice u/s 142(1) yesterday. Last time there was no eproceedings for the notice u/s 143(2).

You must reply the notice and submit required details. No other option.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details