Is winnings from online sport bet winnings legal and taxed?

Hello Sir/Madam,

I have used online sport betting sites such as Bet365 (company registered and regulated by UK govt) and used online wallets such as Skrill and Neteller (owned by PaySafe group, registered in England) for depositing money to the betting site, since Indian debit cards are not accepted directly by Bet365, I have made some money using sport betting, which is a game of skill and not any card games, I withdrew the money from the Betting site to the above mentioned E-wallets, from these e-wallets I want to withdraw to my Indian Bank account via a wire transfer (note, my e-wallet balance is stored in USD) is it legal to do so, can this be a violation of FEMA since FEMA itself has no specific bans on remittance to India from sport bet winnings?? If legal what is the tax I must pay??

Replies (2)

You shouldn't be paying taxes for that. I don't know if it is illegal or not but I don't think that anyone pays taxes for that. Just enjoy the money you won. Spend it on something and don't worry about taxes. I win money on online betting and I immediately spend it on something else because it is mine.

I think this is a very important question because many people who use international betting platforms wonder about the same thing. The rules on taxes and international money transfers can be quite different depending on the country, so it's always better to check the latest regulations or consult a tax professional before making a withdrawal. While reading more about sports betting platforms, I ended up finding Batery Casino, and it was interesting to compare the information available on different platforms. Hopefully someone with direct experience or legal knowledge in India can provide more specific guidance.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details