Is nsc taxable (individual salaried employee)

Is NSC bonds are taxable? If yes, how much?

I would like to know can I adjust with capital loss incurred in same year. How to do it?

Replies (4)
National saving certificates are investments which are available for deduction from total income under section 80C upto the investment amount of 1.5 lac.
Investment over this limit is not allowed as deduction.
moreover interest on such NSC is taxable unless it is reinvested

Can I reinvest now (after closing NSC bond) of same amount interest + Principal and save tax?

Deduction under 80C is eligible only in the year in which investment has been made.
For example if you invest principle and interest amount of 150000 on 12 september 2018 you are eligible for deduction in year 2018-19 (assessment year 2019-20)

Hi, SOrry, My query is not clear, In case if I reinvest the NSC after withdrawal, can the tax which I earned earlier is consider as taxable income? Ex: Assume, I got 850/-Rs INR as interest when I withdraw. Now, it I invest both 850/-Rs as part of NSC, shall this will be amount is considered under taxable income? I can understand, I can save tax from 80C. But I need to reduce my taxable income not by 80C but through reinvestment.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details