Is mutual funds are taxable?

I took mutual fund (tax saving fund) almost 9-10 years back. Now, I sold them with profits of 212% which gave me gain of 3Lacs. Investment amount is 1.43Lacs. After selling them, I received amount close to 3Lacs with payout dividend of 1.46 Lacs.

Is it profit and dividend amount taxable? If yes, how much? In case if it is taxable, can I adjust it with capital loss occured in this year?

Replies (1)

Taxable, upto the differencial amount of gains over and above its value as on 31.01.2018, if any.

That too, if the amount exceed 1 lakh Rs.

By an estimate, no tax liability in above case.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details