Tally

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uday (Company Secretary)     03 May 2012

Is cs as a degree eligible for net set exam?

The CS Institute has issued list of Universities on the CS website which recognise for CS as a degree for Phd. including the Mumbai University.

But the Mumbai University site or any other university site denoting SET or NET mentions no where about eligibility for CS as a course of  "post graduation" eligible for the NET SET Examination.

I appeal all Members, students to comment and research.

Thanking in anticipation.

Regards.

10 Replies

divya

divya (none)     16 April 2013

i read a notification some time back on www.icsi.edu that cs is an eligible deg for NET exam, but now the link is missing.
Rohit Jain

Rohit Jain (MBA (FIN ) CS (Professional) )     17 April 2013

For checking the equivalence of cs you can refer to www.aiuweb.org which lists the degree courses which are valid as pg course for net-set exam .

Since cs is valid as a master degree for a Phd entrance , i don't think that there will b a problem for net-set

1 Like
Uday

Uday (Company Secretary)     18 April 2013

@ ROHIT SIR:

First of all, thank you for your reply.

I referred to the website you have mentioned. They have nowhere mentioned on the website that CS is an eligible degree for the NET SET Exam.

About PhD, CS/CA/ICWA are all eligible as a post graduate courses for PhD, this is true but for NET SET I am not aware of any such provision.
I  KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO SEARCH ON THE WEBSITE www.aiuweb.org AND IF YOU GET A LINK THEN SEND ME HERE.
THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.

1 Like
gudakesh Singh

gudakesh Singh (service)     27 June 2014

https://www.icsi.edu/webmodules/LinksOfWeeks/UGC%20Notification%20for%20website.doc

Attached File : 329555 1331440 ugc notification for website.doc downloaded: 753 times
Garima

Garima (ACS)     22 August 2016

Did you try appearing for NET?

I am a ACS with 1st div in graduation, do I qualify to appear for NET?

ankit

ankit (B.Com)     25 April 2018

Dear Friends,

pls suggest which subject to choose from the list  in ugc net by a qualified company secretary. Can Law be opt for or not.

Thanks in advance.

Law Aspire

Law Aspire (CS)     31 October 2018

the latest notification issued by UGC in July 2018 must be referred 

Anuj Jindal

Anuj Jindal   11 June 2021

As per new norms by NTA: University Grant Commission (UGC) has decided that the qualification of Chartered Accountant (CA), Company Secretary (CS) and Cost and Works Accountants (ICWA) will now be considered equivalent to Post Graduation (PG) Degree for appearing in the UGC NET EXAM.

Prachi Bansal

Prachi Bansal   13 June 2021

CS degree is now equivalent to a Post Graduate Degree. Read the official news below:-

https://www.caclubindia.com/news/ca-cs-icwa-qualification-treated-equivalent-pg-degree-appearing-ugc-net-19748.asp#:~:text=The%20UGC%20considered%20the%20recommendation,equivalent%20to%20Post%20Graduate%20degree.

Prachi Bansal

Prachi Bansal   21 June 2021

best MBA(Finance) Colleges in India?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags