Easy Office

Is coaching necessary for ca final ?

Page no : 2

Abishek (Student) (1108 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Coaching is Very much necessary for SFM and Costing ...Other Subjects  We can manage by self study 

1 Like

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Originally posted by : Abishek

Coaching is Very much necessary for SFM and Costing ...Other Subjects  We can manage by self study 

agreed, but make sure u do your articleship from a good midsize firm,where you get good practical exposure

Vijayalakshmi.K (ICWA Final ) (324 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

You can go for week-end classes, whatever you have not understand in self-study or requires guidance can be discussed in week-end classes.

Just a opinion. For my inter cost accounting I am doing so.

Vijayalakshmi.K (ICWA Final ) (324 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

If you go for weekend classes, you will get the benefits of going to classes, and also you can do self-study, which u prefer the most..

rahul (Chartered Accountant) (5570 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Classes are needed only i.r.o FR, SFM, AMA. All other subj cn b prepared self. (j b gupta dvd lactures are also available in the market, these r as good as u r taking classes for sfm) SO classes r required only for accounts, and cost mgt. I hope this will help u. All th bst.

CA Himanshu Awasthi (Manager (Advances)) (520 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Dear Deepak

Coaching isnt necessary for any subject of CA final. I didnt join coaching for any subject. Self study is far better than coachings. But you have to keep patience all the times. You can refer following books for self study. These books are specially meant for students who dont take coachings.

Financial reporting: M P Vijay Kumar

SFM: V Pattabhi Raman & SD Bala

Law: Handbook by Munish Bhandari

Costing: Study material+compiler (best combination)

DT: T N Manoharan

IDT: K Vaitheeswaran

ISCA: M Valeccha/Dinesh Madan

If any other help is needed pls feel free to contact me @ 9027224811

regards

CA Himanshu Awasthi

Senior Manager (Credit)

Union Bank of India

Chandranath Banerjee (Cost Accountant & Company Secretary)   (235 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Dear buddy,

As per my openion if you can afford it pl. take tution . As without guide you could not be able to reach your destination timely. If you qualify 2 year early by taking tution there is no harm.

regards.

CS & CMA Chandranath Banerjee

Sriansh N. (CA Final (Group II Cleared))   (135 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Originally posted by : Himanshu Awasthi

Dear Deepak

Coaching isnt necessary for any subject of CA final. I didnt join coaching for any subject. Self study is far better than coachings. But you have to keep patience all the times. You can refer following books for self study. These books are specially meant for students who dont take coachings.

Financial reporting: M P Vijay Kumar

SFM: V Pattabhi Raman & SD Bala

Law: Handbook by Munish Bhandari

Costing: Study material+compiler (best combination)

DT: T N Manoharan

IDT: K Vaitheeswaran

ISCA: M Valeccha/Dinesh Madan

If any other help is needed pls feel free to contact me @ 9027224811

regards

CA Himanshu Awasthi

Senior Manager (Credit)

Union Bank of India

Rahul Madhubhai Patel (CA) (21 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

No, I dont think Coaching classes are necessary for CA Final . I cleared without attending any coaching class. And i personally feel that one can concentrate better on subjects by self study and if any doubts ... then u can ask ur seniors anytime...Congrats for clearin pcc ...:)

Anubhav (Student) (589 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Since none of us know your capacity and your learning capability in both Practical and Theory subjects, therefore it would be impossible for us to give you a reasonable advice...Even sometimes a student himself does not know his capacity which is always less than what we can gauge...I mean if you determine that I will complete X subject in 60 days...it might happen that you were never able to complete the subject since coaching helps us learn in an organized manner and in a disciplined manner and you will always meet your target on time if you go through coaching route.

So I suggest you not to take risk and go for coaching for all subjects if possible:

Remeber:

1) A/C coaching should help you to get better at tough adjustments.

2) SFM coaching should be able to make you think.

3) Auditing is all about putting things in brain in an organized manner.

4) The technical thinking of proper interpretation of law is important in Law

5) Costing is all about logical thinking after you get firm grasp on highly easy concepts

6) ISCA is also about organized learning and deep learning if you want to pass.

7) Direct Taxes is about pure love for law and its intricacies.

8) IDT is all about reading...

If you ask me I will go for coaching for all subjects except law and DT since there are exceptionally good books available in market plus the learning process is very simple i.e. learn and revise and learn and revise.

I will not take coaching for the two subjects mainly bcoz they will get messed up in my mind if I do plus who has extra time.

Costing and FM are essentially the most important...since coaching classes teaches you proper order for learning. I did my coaching for just Costing with a famous teacher in Maharashtra and I know I will never forget the subject my whole life...a subject in which I found tough to reach 45...in Intermediate....

Even students taking coaching fail bcoz of various reasons so coaching is not going to get you success for sure but you will definitely be more equipped....Coaching should not be like spoon feeding, it should always be hardcore learning and IQ increase process so choose teachers wisely and choose a class which has low amount of students....

If you want more clarity on what I have said...ask???

Anubhav (Student) (589 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Since none of us know your capacity and your learning capability in both Practical and Theory subjects, therefore it would be impossible for us to give you a reasonable advice...Even sometimes a student himself does not know his capacity which is always less than what we can gauge...I mean if you determine that I will complete X subject in 60 days...it might happen that you were never able to complete the subject since coaching helps us learn in an organized manner and in a disciplined manner and you will always meet your target on time if you go through coaching route but such guarantee cannot be made with self-study.

So I suggest you not to take risk and go for coaching for all subjects if possible:

Remeber:

1) A/C coaching should help you to get better at tough adjustments.

2) SFM coaching should be able to make you think.

3) Auditing is all about putting things in brain in an organized manner.

4) The technical thinking of proper interpretation of law is important in Law.

5) Costing is all about logical thinking after you get firm grasp on highly easy concepts.

6) ISCA is also about organized learning and deep learning if you want to pass.

7) Direct Taxes is about pure love for law and its intricacies.

8) IDT is all about reading...

If you ask me I will go for coaching for all subjects except law and DT since there are exceptionally good books available in market plus the learning process is very simple i.e. learn and revise and learn and revise.

I will not take coaching for the two subjects mainly bcoz they will get messed up in my mind if I do plus who has extra time.

Costing and FM are essentially the most important...since coaching classes teaches you proper order for learning. I did my coaching for just Costing with a famous teacher in Maharashtra and I know I will never forget the subject my whole life...a subject in which I found tough to reach 45...in Intermediate....

Even students taking coaching fail bcoz of various reasons so coaching is not going to get you success for sure but you will definitely be more equipped....Coaching should not be like spoon feeding, it should always be hardcore learning and IQ increase process so choose teachers wisely and choose a class which has low amount of students....

If you want more clarity on what I have said...ask???

1 Like

Khushboo Goyal (Working) (342 Points)
Replied 17 March 2012

Thanks Deepak Kumar for sharing this topic smileyas the same confusion is running in my mind sad since i have cleared my IPCC. I also cleared my IPCC second group in Nov, 2011and now my final exam will due in May 2014, almost 2years i have, to prepare for the finals. But i m totally confused, whther to take any coaching or not, bcoz i also haven't taken any coachings yet and I dont want to go for coaching now also, but bcoz most people says that without coaching it will not be possible to clear CA finals. So, i m totally confused & not able to reach any conclusion. Here, i read all CCI member's/ frnds views. So, first of all i want to thank all of them for expressing their views yes & especially ANKUR SIR bcoz i liked his "ATLAS Study Method for Revision" cheeky. Thanks sir, for giving us such a useful advise.  And lastly, after reading all opinion, i finally come to a conclusion that one can go for self study provided he/she has proper guidance & he/she must have patience during his/her self study.smiley

Thanks and Regards

Khushboo

1 Like

Deepak kumar sharma (Govt. job) (2946 Points)
Replied 18 March 2012

thanks to helping hands.

I would like to hear from people who cleared their ca final without joining coaching classes. It will be great help it they also mension their strategy about self study which led toward success. I need only proved successful selfstudy advices. One more question- Can mere self study lead us towards merit/ rank? waiting for sincere responses. thanks

Nitin jatav (Artical Assistant) (51 Points)
Replied 02 November 2012

I cleared my 1st group of ipcc in nov. 2011 and 2nd group in may 2012 ,then i started my articalship from 1 march 2012, so now i want to know that , when i should start my ca final coaching ? and when will be my first attempt of ca final ?

Deepak kumar sharma (Govt. job) (2946 Points)
Replied 05 November 2012

@ Nitin Jatav

as i get to know, you should start your coaching for accounts, costing and fm immediately, after completing your coaching for these subjects you may take coaching for remaining subjects like DT, IDT and ISCA, LAW if required. you must have 3-6 months in hand for self study after finishing coachings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro