Ipcc - topics excluded, amendments for november 2013 exams

CS RAJESH C.CHOUDHARY (ASSISTANT MANAGER) (14607 Points)

08 October 2013  
IPCC - Topics Excluded, Amendments for Nov 2013 exams

Exclusion of Hire Purchase Trading A/c, Stock and Debtors Method from IPCC Syllabus: 
In Accounting paper, ICAI has made it clear that, these topics are no longer relevant and
they are in wrong motion. By this, it is quite clear that ICAI has decided to exclude these
topics with immediate effect and so will not be applicable for the upcoming November 2013
exams.

Amendments in Acoc*nting for IPCC Nov 2013 Exams:

A. Pronouncements

Accounting Standards 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, 13 and 14 are covered in the syllabus. (Text of all
applicable Accounting Standards are available in the Appendix I of Volume I of ‘Accounting’
Study Material revised in November, 2012.).

B. Announcement relevant for November, 2013 examination

Criteria for Classification of Entities and Applicability of Accounting Standards
Due to recent changes in the enhancement of tax audit limit, the Council of the ICAI has
recently decided to change the 1st criteria i.e. determination of SME on turnover basis for
Level II entities from Rs. 40 lakhs to Rs. 1 Crore with effect from the accounting year commencing on or after April 01, 2012.

Law Ethics and Communication:
There are no topics excluded or New amendments applicable for IPCC Nov 2013, Law Ethics and Communication paper.

Costing and FM: 
There are no topics excluded or New amendments applicable for IPCC Nov 2013, Cost Accounting and Financial Management paper.

Taxation: 
For November 2013 exams, no new topics have been excluded from the Taxation syllabus. However, icai has released applicable amendments for Tax November 2013 Exam.

All the Best friends.

Regards,
RAJESH CHOUDHARY