Investment in SIP

I am a salaried person in private company. I don't have any income apart from salary. I started investing SIP(not ELSS). should I have to disclose this in my ITR if yes which ITR form I have to file? where to disclose? If I closed my SIP is it taxable? how much it is taxable? thank you in advance.
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies the disclosure requirements for Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs) in Income Tax Returns (ITR) for salaried individuals. Generally, SIP investments don't need to be disclosed unless your total income exceeds 50 lakhs. However, any capital gains realised upon closing your SIP are taxable.

You are not liable to show your if your total income does not exceeds 50 lacs.
if you closed your SIP then every installment you made is considered as different investment and taxable accordingly
Tysm sir
No you don't need to disclose your SAP in your income tax return. but when you will close your SIP the net gain will be taxable
Tysm sir

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details