Invalid pan or pan errors

R. Somasekhar Gupta (M - F) (62 Points)

03 June 2014  

Dear colleagues, I work for a private company. Recently we have got certain notices from TRACES saying that short deduction. we have downloaded the Justification report & checked the details. noticed that short deduction is due to PAN errors/ Invalid PAN/ PAN not available. We have done the corrections & filed the revised returns. When i spoke to TRACES people, they have said that even though corrections are done & filed the revised returns with correct PAN details, you still have to pay the demand of short deduction on account of PAN errors.

Can any one please help me as to what do?

Do i still need to pay