Intimation u/s 143(1) for tds mismatch

Vikrant (SA) (67 Points)

14 October 2018  

Hi,

I have received Intimation U/S 143(1) for TDS mismatch. My 26AS and the section 18B on TDS tab in ITR2 is not matching, actually my company name changed from xxxx services pvt ltd to xxxx solutions pvt ltd. in mid year. In form 16 which company provided there were 2 entries but unfortunately when I filed my returns I clubbed those 2 entries and entered the values under single TAN xxxx services pvt ltd. For this mismatch I have received the 143(1). This is the 2nd time I have received 143(1), my bad when I received 1st 143(1) I still didnt realised these 2 company TAN entries and resubmitted and again I have received the 143(1).

So my query here is on the Income tax website under e-File->Rectification which Request type should I select?

Option1: "Tax credit mismatch correction only"  and update the missing entry for the 2nd TDS row or

Option 2: "Return data Correction (XML)"

If I select Option 1 there is a pop-up which says "It is adviced to file in "return data correction (XML) " if there are any additional or fresh TDS/TCS cliams are to be made when compared to your last return processed in CPC".

Also what option should I select for Response to OutStanding Tax Demand section?

Disagree with demand and in Others just provide that the TDS were not matching? or any other option to be selected?

Any help would be appreciated.