Information regarding donation exemption under section 12A 80G

Hi Guru's,

I have a query that I have certain amount donation to a religious Trust which is registered under section 12A.

I wanted to know how much exemption I can make it. There are many options coming up. 

  1. 50% with qualifying limit
  2. 50% without qualifying limit
  3. 100% with qualifying limit
  4. 100% without qualifying limit

Which one I need to choose from above list. As far as i know I need to pick from option #1 and #2 but not sure which one exactly I need to choose.

Awaiting reply!!!

Thanks 

Ankur

Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses queries about claiming tax exemptions for donations made to religious trusts registered under Section 12A. The user is seeking clarification on which type of exemption to choose from options like '50% with qualifying limit' or '100% without qualifying limit'. While initial advice suggested checking the donation receipt, further investigation indicates the exemption might fall under 'with qualifying limit' for religious entities, though certainty is still sought.

Check your receipt, the exact exemption available would be printed at the bottom part.

Or state the name of the organization, it can be searched on google.

The acknowledgement must show the details.

Thanks for Replies. It is showing detail but just mentioned that amount is exempted under section 80G.

Donation type without qualifying or with qualifying is not mentioned.

I have further search on internet and found that it might be under with qualifying limit only.

As it is religious entity. Although, I am still not 100% sure.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details