Incorrect refund details shown in ITR-V

I am a salaried individual from Bangalore, India. I had e-filed my tax using www.taxspanner.com. The ITR-V shows that I have  tax refunds crossing more than 50k but I know that I am not supposed to get any refund. The cell 7b for TDS shows an exorbitant amount. However, I pretty sure that I had entered the correct amount in the portal while e-filing. Now I am myself doubtful whether there was a typo or a system glitch. I don't know what to do. I don't want to face any IT notice.

How can I correct this? Can I refile my returns? If so, then will the old ITR-V stands automatically cancelled in IT systems so, that I don't get the refund. 

Replies (3)

Yes you can revised the return and make correction of that.....

 

I would advice to get yourself registered with www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in . its a very simple process and you will get registered in maximum 10-15 minutes. After getting registered check your 26AS from my account link, get TDS details from 26AS and match it with the ITR-V. 

Then and only then you will be able to reconcile the ITR-V and the credit in your PAN number.....

I hope this will help you with the proposed revise return you have to file.

Agree with jignesh sir, he has directed with proper way so better to follow that procedure....

thanks jignesh sir

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details