Incorrect form16 provided by the company by missing the us89

Natarajan (Manager) (23 Points)

21 May 2018  

Hi Sir,

I am an NRI currently residing in NewZealand, I had left my previous company ( in India)in May 2016. I had received the form 16 for the period March 16 - May 2016 and filed my returns in July 2017( previous year no issues). I had received intimation from the IT department mentioning TDS mismatch and was requested to pay 45K , when approached my previous employer ( accounts departments) they informed that there was error in issuing form16 as I had received my EPF & superannuation they had made provision under US89 and IT filed from company had been correctly mentioned & informed me to refile the tax with the said provision amount of 39k under US89 as IT department would require personal tax to be tallied with. Based on this I had refiled my IT returns to my despair again received intimation to pay 45K and they have not considered the provision of US89. I approached my friend who had checked with a CA & informed me that for provision in US89 one as to submit Form10E, Can you suggest me a solution on this, I have been writing emails to the company to provide corrected Form16, Form10E & calculation derived for US89 but no response. As it is the company has made this blunder & IT department should have asked the company to rectify it.

Thanks & Regards

Natarajan