ICICI

Income tax returns

Sunil (Trader)     23 July 2013

Sunil
Trader 
 100 likes  2597 points

| My Other Post

For Assessment year 2013-2014 there is notification that those earning salary upto 5 lakhs have to file income tax returns.

I have employees working under me who are paid far below taxble income of Rs.16,500 per month (2 lakhs per annum) and they dont have any tax to pay as they do not cross this figure before any deductions. Are such employees also required to file returns starting this year onwards.

avater

Roshan Begrajka (Student)     23 July 2013

Roshan Begrajka
Student 
 18 likes  267 points

View Profile | My Other Post

there is no any statutory obligation to file income tax return.

However if employee want to file return for future reference then can do bcoz it helps in 

1) any future loan want to taken by employee

2) proof of income of an employee. and  so on.

avater

Roshan Begrajka (Student)     23 July 2013

Roshan Begrajka
Student 
 18 likes  267 points

there is no any statutory obligation to file income tax return.

However if employee want to file return for future reference then can do bcoz it helps in 

1) any future loan want to taken by employee

2) proof of income of an employee. and  so on.

avater

Sunil (Trader)     23 July 2013

Sunil
Trader 
 100 likes  2597 points

Yes. Even I would have read the notification as such because the notification mentions the word TAXPAYER and obviously those with taxable income before deductions would be tax payers even if those below this limit would have PAN card or not.

The problem what was scaring our people with salaries of Rs.10,000 per month was that the advertisments these portals were putting targetted at such people to file returns that they are compulsory now and offering to file for them for 149. People with this kind of income are on fringes and do not really qualify for any loans. in fact for them our certificate of how much we paid and evidence thereof is sufficient rather than a return. They do not wish to get into department hassles and do not wish to go through cumbersome queues. Rather than making them spend 150, I only neede to know whether to waste time to help them file returns in our office itself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »