Easy Office

Income tax return has been selected under risk management process

Page no : 82

Sssss (Learner) (1845 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

Every year is different my dear friend, it all depends on how accurate you are with your claims

Replied 15 April 2020

Friends just check the income tax twitter handle, they are telling that 10.4 lakh returns processed as on today and 1.75 lakh returns refund will be processed in a week time and 1.74 lakh returns were having outstanding tax demand and hence dept has sent an email asking them to respond with in 7 days for refund. So the remaining people are we to whom they sent email asking us to respond within 30 days, I am very much sure that they will select our returns for scrutiny because they have already cleared 99.5 percent of all returns

Replied 15 April 2020

So pls be careful n submit the option, we will be getting scrutiny notices shortly, if you make wrong claims then definitely action will be taken

Manish Kothari (8 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

@ sheena I think the twitter message by ITD in which 1.74lac person mentioned saying they are awaited response from us , this include persons who revieved this risk email last night

Replied 15 April 2020

This was the msg

In around 1.74 lakh cases, email responses are awaited from taxpayers regarding reconciliation with their outstanding tax demand for which a reminder email has been sent asking them to respond within 7 days so that the refund can be processed accordingly, CBDT added.

"It may be noted that these reminder emails from I-T department are in fact for the benefit of taxpayers as it seeks them to confirm their outstanding demand, their bank accounts and reconciliation of defect/mismatch prior to issue of refund," CBDT said.

Replied 15 April 2020

The line says defect/mismatch prior to issue of refund please focus on this line, I think person who got risk mail are in that category, need everyone understanding and comments on this

Kamlesh (Student Others) (24 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

I had already opted option 1. I had inflated HRA to adjust the one month advance which was not returned to me back by landlord. will it be fine or Do I need to revise it ? Can someone guide me on this 

mayur ray (13 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

@ Manish Kothari. What should do in this case as per your experience? Please ping me personally.

Kamlesh (Student Others) (24 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

But We got 30 days not 7 days 

Replied 15 April 2020

The dept said the mail was sent to people having tax demand and hence they asked to respond in 7 days. Many clients received the mail that is different from us

Replied 15 April 2020

Kamlesh revise your return immediately

Replied 15 April 2020

@ mayur I dont have any exp. On this I also got this mail first time, when I recieved this last night was shocked and tensed gone through this blog which is really helpful after that option 1 select kar diya not sure what you have to do but it is really disturbing mail

mayur ray (13 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

Never heard of the scrutney notice for the claims. Anybody know which section used for scrutney of claim in previous years? What is its type or any sample.

Rakesh (Service) (86 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

Dear Friends, after scrutinizing my returns again I could see 2 differences

1) In my original return, the IT dept had not considered the standard deduction of 40k under section 16(a). This is available in Form non 16 as standard. When I filled in the revised return, the standard deduction reflected in the 16(a) section.Could this make a difference in the computer comparison? This anyway should have been computed by the IT dept itself isn't?

2) Under income from other sources, I had removed the interest amount I received for one of my RD maturity. This is around 52k. I removed it because anyway the TDS was deducted by the bank itself before the maturity payment. Would this be a reason of concern?

Experts on this forum, please advice. I have already selected Option 1

Thank you

Ch P Janadeo (69 Points)
Replied 15 April 2020

To my knowledge this notice is asking for reconfirmation. If we show something incorrectly in the returns then inncase of an audit, we can not say it is done by mistake.

I dont think IT will be sending scrutiny notice during the process of ITR processing.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: