ICICI

Income tax return for ay 2019-20

kewal krishan kapoor (Retired bank officer)     17 July 2019

kewal krishan kapoor
Retired bank officer 
 32 points

| My Other Post

My daughter is doing doctorate from Delhi University.  I have been filing her income tax returns for a good number

of years although she has not been earning anything, no service, no business etc...Please guide me if I can stop filing her

ITR from this Assessment Year.  Till now taxable income declared in the ITR was around 3,30,000.  What could be the

repercussions.  Any penalty or what?

avater

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     17 July 2019

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 7580 likes  103019 points

View Profile | My Other Post

If income earned above 2.5lakhs by a Indian (less than 60yr old) then he/she will file ITR...

So,
What is her condition here...?
What is 3.30lakhs income...?

avater

Sandeep Sharma (Accounts executive)     17 July 2019

Sandeep Sharma
Accounts executive 
 22 likes  471 points

Sir, Any one having taxable income after all deductions (Investments) is above 2.5 lakh then he is required to file the tax return.

avater

kiran balu kale (student)     17 July 2019

kiran balu kale
student 
 6 likes  86 points

If current year income less than 250000, you may stop filing return of income. You may get some messages about non filing but if she does not have any substantial income you be confident and don't file.

avater

kewal krishan kapoor (Retired bank officer)     18 July 2019

kewal krishan kapoor
Retired bank officer 
 32 points

thanks for your reply Sir, but the fact is that she is still a student, has never been in any service or business and has not earned a single penny out of it.  I started filing her returns only and only that she should not have any problem while in service in future, that her ITR file/documents would have already been in place.  The income shown in her previous ITRs is out of tuitions and a small business like boutique etc.   Please suggest.

avater

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     18 July 2019

RAJA P M

@ Sandeep Sharma...

Not after all deductions...
If income exceeding 2.5lakhs before all deductions then ITR filing required as per income tax...

@ Mr Kewal Krishna...

Incomes is declared as above 2.5lakh then You keep the documents if it's small or big...

If no more sources of income then Why you file ITR...?

Income not earned then no need to file ITR...

2 Like
avater

Sandeep Sharma (Accounts executive)     18 July 2019

Sandeep Sharma
Accounts executive 
 22 likes  471 points

Agree with Raja P M sir, by mistakenly written " after".

avater

J S BHAVSAR (CONSULTING)     18 July 2019

J S BHAVSAR
CONSULTING 
 33 likes  869 points

But problem with our troublesome system is if you started filing a tax return for a particular PAN and then did not file for one year then there are messages and emails and sometimes physical letters reaching home.

What right do they have to send SMS and letters at home few months later saying "you have not filed your tax return for AY XXXX-XX"

How to address these?

avater

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     18 July 2019

RAJA P M

How to address these?

No more issues if we receiving messages, emails. Bcoz, No way for replying through the same.

But, In case received any physical letter then we will reply "No Taxable income for the AY. So, I'm not file ITR".
It's enough for the said letter...

Som (Article Assistant)     18 July 2019

Som
Article Assistant 
 1 likes  39 points

I am facing  another problem . While filling my IT return i have taken salary u/s 17(1) one rupee more than given in form 16 by mistake . I have taken my salary as 649234 in Itr but given in form 16 as 649233 . In tds details I have given salary as 649233 and after filling of return there is no tax credit mismatch that I can ensure . Iam eligible for refund .My only question is wheather that excess one rupee given by me in the ITR will be a reason for an ITR notice u/s 143(1)(a) or it will be proceessed smoothly ? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »